Sunday, September 17, 2006

SOS

Andrea, thank you for updating me...


Fundraiser

I read this with a very heavy heart over at A Storm in Afghanistan....

Please, let us pull together, and lighten this load...

I will do what little I can at the moment..

From personal experience I can testify as a nurse, and as a family member, that the medical cost at keeping a loved one at home is tremendous. Which is part of the reason I took care of my Mother in her home. Hospice care was not covered "in home", only in an extended care facility. I would love to see Reid keep his wife at home....


Reid writes, of his wife Ellicia, who currently has a diagnosis of breast cancer (for the second time) , she has recently undergone surgery for the breast cancer. She also has 11 metastatic tumors in her brain, and multiple tumors of the lung. Reid has returned from a tour over in Afghanistan...and the couple has children.

Upon this mornings visit to the blog I read this...

Ok, we have finally received word back from the military. Hospice care is not covered. Which means, any home care we provide Ellicia here will be out of our own pocket.

This is going to be expensive. So, reluctantly, and humbly, we'd like to ask those of you who stop by...

Please help. Anything will be appreciated. Ellicia will likely need home care as her mind shuts down. And she wants to be at home, not in a hospital... home, surrounded by our children.

For more information or questions you may have, please contact me through the blog.

Thank you


Here is the address...

Ellicia Stanley
CMR 416 Box 1441
APO, AE 09140-1441

Please send Ellicia a note of warm wishes and support.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh my dear. Gives me chills.

I will rally my "troops" and see what I can do.

Prayers for certain for now.