Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I hired a new Vagina Whisperer.....

drum roll....

My first male gynocologist, he is also over 65. Odd. But, can I tell you he sat and listened, and took charts out, let "the Collective" play with flashlights in the dark....

He offerred a list of possible things we need to try before we go removing organs. I am relieved.

It appears that my "ovarian cyst rupture": was likely the cause of me being in terrible pain and discomfort, and ill for 20-30 days. And although the Dr. does not know at this point, because I appear to be on the mend...he is guessing it was serious...

It may have been.....

Rupture of an ovarian cyst may be asymptomatic or associated with the sudden onset of unilateral, lower abdominal pain . The onset of pain often occurs during strenuous activities, such as exercise or sexual intercourse. Light vaginal bleeding may also occur due to a drop in ovarian hormone levels.

Bleeding from the rupture site may seep into the ovary, which can cause pain from stretching of the ovarian cortex, or flow into the abdomen, which has an irritant effect on the peritoneum. The abdomen will become distended if rupture is associated with severe hemorrhage. Very large amounts of blood may be present in the abdomen, however, with no signs of rebound or rigidity and no nausea and vomiting. Anticoagulants increase the risk and magnitude of bleeding associated with hemorrhagic ovarian cysts.

Rarely rupture of dermoid cysts with spillage of sebaceous material into the abdominal cavity may occur. The sebaceous material causes a marked granulomatous reaction and chemical peritonitis, which is painful. Serous or mucinous fluid released upon cyst rupture is much less irritating, and the patient may remain asymptomatic despite accumulation of large volumes of intraperitoneal fluid.


He also thinks I could be having polycystic ovarian syndrome.

He was very empathetic, and explained things wonderfully.

*besides the fact that I feel I can trust this guy which is #1.

*I have permission to call and be seen on the day of complaint!

*office staff was BEYOND FRIENDLY!!

*WE DID NOT SIT NEGLECTED!!

*NO PAPER GOWNS!!

No comments: