Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hold Me...

Love me, cuz I 'm free to do what I want any old time...
~Jesus Jones

What a treat today was. My DH, took the collective to work with him today. Ahhhh.....The good news is, they were well behaved , and had plenty of new experiences.

Always good for Mom, and "The Collective". They met blind and deaf people. They learned sign language, they thought it was no big deal...

They went fishing.

They had a very big building to run loose in.

I was told to RELAX, with the Sunday paper. I did not. There was a lot to do. I have the itch like the rest of you. It is fall, must get things done. It is hard to keep the house today with tiny folks underfoot....

I managed to blanch and dice the rest of the ripe tomatoes, took 3 sets of blinds down and scrubbed them, washed curtains, cleaned kitchen window, moved furniture, vacuumed, did a couple of loads of laundry, cleaned out the cupboards in Pink Ninja and Dash's bathroom.

I also prepared a brisket for a marinade, and the marinate for tomorrow.

Casa De Dust is having company for dinner, an Army buddy of Dear Husbands. We certainly do not want the house to live up to its name...

It felt fantastic to scrub and clean...

However, I am a little nuts I cannot find my fuzzy attachment to the vacuum. I must get out and get a new one. I cannot clean without it.

What I learned today.

1) I need to get out of doors and pressure wash the windows and screens.

2) The living room is in desperate need of a paint job.

3) All other rooms need paint as well.

4) The outside of the house needs a painting too.

I gotta run, I have blinds, and curtains to rehang. There is also the matter of the piles of miscillaneous crap that I never have any idea what to do with....

the piles, will be the death of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AW,

I believe the song you quoted is "I'm free" by the Soup Dragons.