Monday, September 04, 2006

Making A Voice Count....

I need to tell you a little story about our family, some of it can be done in photos...some in words. Really most of it words. My Dear Husband was in Iraq from October 2003-April 2005.



*photo of Pink Ninja and I, I took to send to DH while in Iraq.

(I am realizing as I am going through the pictures of the children and I , there are few photos of them with Me, unless they are taken within an arms length. That makes me sad)



*Dash walking alone, in his first snow...


These 2 moments, are just 2 that DH missed while deployed.

Tonight, I sat in the rocker. Both of my children on my lap. Tonight I chose to read Horton hears a Who. A suprising choice, because we read three selections nightly, and Horton Hears a Who is a long night time story.

Dear Husband was in the kitchen speaking to his friend a MSG, who has just returned from Afghanistan....

I need to get a post up about Mr. Blackfives book. I, have not started a post yet. When am I going to be able to read the entire book? It is taking me a long time to get through? I wonder if the other bloggers are having a hard time getting through it?

The first book Curious George goes camping is over, I start Horton Hears a Who.

The kids are tired, they might fall asleep, dinner was later than usual, because of company. I really need to talk about the book...how?

"This," cried the Mayor, "is your towns darkest hour! The time for all Who's who have blood that is red To come to the aid of their country!" he said. "We've GOT to make noises in greater amounts! So open your mouth lad! For every voice counts!" ~Horton Hears A Who


I want them to know that our voice does count. Maybe someone will hear. What is the life of a soldier like? A wife of a soldier? A child of a soldier? I don't really know. I just know me....

No comments: