Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Week #1 recipe

Part of my New Years resoloution was to try a new recipe every week. Thanks to Princess Cat via online discussion this morning, she has turned a meal of a simple pork roast into ...

Ta Dah!

Chalupas

3-4 lb port loin roast
1/2 - 3/4 tsp garlic powder (I think I used a full heaping tsp ... I love garlic)
1 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 sm can diced green chilies
1 lb dried pinto beans

put all ingredients in crock-pot with meat on top. Cover with water.
Cook 6 hrs on high. Break up meat and cook 30 mins on high.

serve with taco fixins

Makes 7 LARGE servings


The other good news is, I do not have to cook, the new crock pot gets christened, and from what Cat says "a lot of leftovers"!

No cooking tommorow either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way this recipe was introduced to me was on top of a pile of fritos but you could use it for tacos, a taco salad, etc instead.

SOOO yummy though!

And those LARGE servings I think are for homegrown midwestern farm boys ...

Anonymous said...

Yummy sounding. I love crockpot recipes!