Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Third Birthday Pink Ninja

*The following has been transcribed from my pregnancy journal. DH and I spent the evening perusing through it.*

April 5, 2003

Got 3 preganancy tests at the grocery store. They were all positive!!
I called your Dad and told him over the telephone, I COULD NOT WAIT until he got home. HE WAS THRILLED.


April 20, 3003

I am still SO sleepy, things are starting to "smell", and the aversions are on the way. The grocery store smells. Fruit and cold sandwiches taste best. Unable to cook, the cats food smells terrible, I am dizzy. Your Dad is taking over getting groceries for now.



August 2, 2003

Sir Rowland and I took a 3 hour nap today!! We 3 desrved it, You were a real mover today!

_We have gotten word that your Daddy will be deployed with the 39th Infantry, possibly be gone for the next few months, maybe a year.

I am going to fasten my seatbelt and hang on. We will do what we have to do.


Nov 4, 2003

Drs. appointment. 1cm, and 50% effaced. Getting nervous. Very tired after appointment.


November 29, 2003

I have had contractions all day. I went to grocery store, came home, unloaded groceries. Made a big batch of ham and bean soup. I made Sir Rowland lunch and decided I just did not feel good. I thought I had better change the cat box, call DH's Mom, and ask her to change her flight, called DH (who was pre-mobilizing in Texas).

Contractions through day. Most uncomfortable standng or walking. Called a girlfriend over at 4:00pm. I wanted her to help me time contractions, to see if this was false labor. Contractions never did get regular. She stayed for dinner, we had cornbread and ham and bean soup. She gave Sir Rowland a bath. She left at 10pm. Both of us nurses, and presuming labor was false. I put Sir Rowland to bed at 10:30pm. 11:00pm, I got into the bath, thinking hot water might relieve contractions. The bath did not, I almost couldn't get out of the tub. After climbing out, I was frozen at the end of the bed, crying for about 20 minutes. Some of it pain, some of it fear, not having your Daddy with us.

November 30, 2003

Got to hospital at 12:30am, called Doula. Contractions 2 minutes apart, showed up at labor and delivery at 9 1/2 cm, fully effaced. I was warned "Do not move, do not push, stay put"...I did as I was told...I was scared.

I did talk to your Daddy about 3 times, I was so calm, and even...He did not realize how far labor was.


By the time I got admitted, and a room and changed, I am unsure of what time it was...

a very easy labor.

3:41am baby girl born.

8lbs 3 oz
20 3/4 inches
skiff of light brown hair
looks like Daddy and Sir Rowland
covered in lunago
excellent latch

She looked sooooo teeny.

And gorgeous!!

So Happy Birthday little one. I am lucky to be part of your day to day , you are one of the brighest lights in this World, and have so much JOY to share...I am lucky and blessed to be your Mom.

Enjoy 3 baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pink Ninja! I hope you keep your good spirits up and running today. Though you don't need to keep your mom running. GRIN. Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

*leaves cake*