Sunday, November 05, 2006

Even in dreams....

The other night at dinner...

And did they get you trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange
a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
~Wish you were here/Pink Floyd

A couple of nights ago Dear Husband and I were having a late dinner alone, which is unusual. It was also a nice treat. To sit and talk at a reasonable volume, across the table from one another. No cutting meat, no reminding people to sit up straight ad naseum. Just us..talking.

And I am not sure how it came up, but we begin talking about dreams. He tells me that upon his return to the U.S., the most immediate emotion he felt was relief. Relieved, that the children and I were safe. This surprised me. Worry?


Read the rest over at SpouseBuzz

No comments: