Saturday, March 11, 2006

You can take "The Hundred" and stick it OR reason #130 I hate pilates







Directions:
1. Lie with your back flat on the floor, shoulders down. Point your feet and lengthen your body, leading the stretch with the top of your head.

2. Keeping your back flat on the floor, raise both your legs and head off the floor. Be sure to keep your neck neutral and chin tucked.

3. Keeping arms extended, begin to lift and lower them about two inches from the floor, breathing in on the lift and out on the lower.

4. Do this for 5 up-and-down beats. Repeat 10 times until you have done a "hundred."




I got out of bed this morning and felt all wrong. My body ached, and I felt like I slept on a gravel road. Woke with the beginnings of a migraine. Crap.

So I woke, ran a brush through my hair, drank a cup of coffee, and headed to pilates class.

Late by 2 minutes, so they were starting without me. I missed the warmup, and stretching which was KEY this morning.

Can you say OUCH. OUCH.

My normally very limber self was tight this morning. Just not good. Could hardly get into a forward bend.

I stuck it out, for the entire class. Even though I had to be behind an obvious "runner" in class. Me, the curvey girl next to 2% body fat lady. That really did wonders for me this morning.

So I made it through class, I did. I also made it through with the shittiest of attitudes. I came home and ate a HUGE breakfast prepared by Dear Husband.

No comments: