Thursday, March 02, 2006

Winters End

For Winters rains and ruins are over,
And all the season of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.
~Algernon Charles Swinburne (1837–1909)


We had gorgeous skies here yesterday, bright blue, with a smattering of puffy bright white clouds. The birds singing to one another, and my wind chimes welcoming spring with its music. Dash and Pink Ninja, playing in the dirt, the sun shining on my face.

I am not sure what it is about days like this, but I felt good, and melancholy all at the same time. My mind drifted from riding my bike when I was 5 up and down the tree-lined streets with no worries, to working in the garden with my Parents. The smell of the dirt, and goldenrod. The smell of earth, reminded me of those I have buried in the Spring.

Maybe, it was the was the way the wind was blowing. We rarely have a windy day here, and yesterday it blew my hair into my face.

It must have been the wind, because I was not alone.

No comments: