Saturday, August 09, 2008

Novel idea...

I woke this morning at 8am.....

Knowing there are few of these late mornings for me.

The first thought as my feel touched the ground...

"Why on Earth do they not make daylight savings time the DAY school starts.

I mean it would make sense.

The kids would be rested, etc. etc. etc. (Still watching the King and I.)

In another note I am watching mens gymanastics. My favorite men's gymnastics year. The Mitch Gaylord year. Seriously. It would have been the 1984 Olympics, I am sure someone else remembers.

I was attending a country school, and the girls and I all had mad crushes on Mitch Gaylord. One of my friends parents scored tickets to go see some sort of Olympian roadshow thingy...

We went and waited and waited downstairs on the floor for Mitch Gaylord. I just knew if he met me, he would be smitten and want to marry me. Sort of stalkerish, but I was 14, and harmless, all 80 pounds of me.

No comments: