Sunday, July 29, 2007

Luck of the pot...

Another Pot luck today at church.

And not just any pot luck, it ends with a dessert auction.

Beginning bidding if I understood right.

$25 snacks/bars

$35 cakes

$50 pies

So I went and made 4 pies yesterday. No easy feat considering, I did not want to use "family pie plates".

So I went to look for glass pie plates. I felt I could not put a $50 pie in an aluminum pie plate. Well, after looking for 2 hours, and no luck, I broke and bought aluminum.

For the love of Pete.

2 Pecan
1 Peach
1 Peach/Pineapple/Apricot

I will only be taking 3 pies, as The Collective, wanted a pie, and so I let them try the multi flavored pie, because I had never made one before.

I also spent the day making a pasta salad, and my snicker salad for the pot luck.

Making a $50 pie is a daunting process. DH told me to put 2 $10 bills in. I mean, I make a MAD PIE...but $50?

The money is going to help with the cost of The Awanas Program.

I wonder what I will come home with?

The loverly temps have taken a back seat to the usual 100 degree, no wind, and balminess. EWWWW.

My Father has taken it upon himself to paint his home, in July of all months. Which has me slighty irritated. I lectured him about it.

AWTM: "why in the hell are you painting in July?"

Dad: "oh settle down, I go and paint on the West side in the morning, it is cool."

AWTM: "well take breaks."

Dad: "I will, I am not in a hurry."

AWTM: "If you aren't in a hurry, why in the hell are you painting in July?"

Dad: crickets.

My Sister-in-Law lost her Grandfather the other day. I must get a card sent TODAY. It has been a difficult couple of years for them, as they have had a lot of illness, and death.

My Sister returned home to find her employer did not pay her, her vacation time she requested. Oye...

DH called this morning, he was getting ready for church. Matt Hughes, the Champion Ultimate Fighter guy, is going to be at Fort Benning this week. How cool is that? I wish I could go too.

No comments: