Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wow

Palin was amazing!

The place is a buzz with phonecalls and e-mails.

My Father is voting this year, the first time since Reagan.

Why? He is recharged, and the Governor of Alaska did it, she sold a damn jet on e-bay.

We all want America to continue to be the shining city on the hill. We are not ashamed to be Americans.

My favorite segments of Palin's speech

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.


Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.

And children with special needs inspire a special love.

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.



There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain. In our day, politicians have readily shared much lesser tales of adversity than the nightmare world in which this man, and others equally brave, served and suffered for their country.


As the story is told, "When McCain shuffled back from torturous interrogations, he would turn toward Moe's door and flash a grin and thumbs up" — as if to say, "We're going to pull through this." My fellow Americans, that is the kind of man America needs to see us through these next four years.


I cannot think of a thing that did not inspire me tonight. I sat here with my 4 year old daughter sleeping in my lap, and my 6 year old son, cheering her on.

Our family needs McCain/Palin to win this next election....because like Palin said tonight....

The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.


Our family has tried to do our part to leave this country to our children better than we found it....

No comments: