Friday, September 12, 2008

I love seeing forever....

*I have internet AGAIN.....finally.

MY Mac is in the shop, getting its little ghetto self fixed, after some hinge problems....

Then the server went down the same day. What are the odds?



I have not blogged much about being "back home"...

Frankly, it has just been busy. Not like crazy busy, just a steady long list of things to do with no end in sight. I am also married to a workaholic. It has been that way for 17 years, and I doubt if it changes any time soon. However, that is part of the reason I fell in love with him, his work ethic is AMAZING. He always is ready to go above and beyond what is expected.

I am craving routine, something we do not have at this time. I like "the grind"....I do not do well in this sort of unplanned day to day living. I need structure. Loose ends are not my favorite things...

Every morning when I wake I look out of doors, I am amazed... I am "back home"....the views (even in suburbia) go on forever. When I took The Collective to the pool about a month ago, SR and I were lying in the sun, trying to warm from the water which felt like ice, and he said..."Mom it is like living in a dome, there is nothing but sky". He got it, at 6. I did not get it at 6. I thought the World looked the same where ever you were.

So I am enjoying being back on the plains...

I am enjoying the endless skies, the sunsets that change every day, how the evenings cool off, I am enjoying the matter of fact nature of the people and do not feel so alien, I am enjoying family. And i understand how some folks do not get it. I do. The United States is a beautiful place with so many wonderful things to see right in our own backyard.

I know the plains are not every ones cup of tea. I understand, I have left here several times, to find myself surrounded my kudzu, and green, and trees, and flowers....and I loved the beauty of it. But I guess it was not home.

I am finding a comfort here, that I forgot. Living in Nebraska is like living in a small town...

No comments: