Wednesday, September 10, 2008

thanks for the links...I think

It seems as though everyone is more excited about this eye patch thing than I am.....

I feel better, and do not think I need one. I will call the Dr. and ask the reasoning behind it.

First off, if I run around with an eye patch, injury is sure to befall me. I am a klutz with 2 eyes, and my depth perception is crap. In fact, prior to having children (and probably in the NEAR future) I required eyeglasses for driving. The bad thing about needing glasses ONLY for driving, you NEVER have them with you. So I had gotten into the habit of just wearing the darn things.

My depth perception was soooo horrid for the first 3 days, I fell, tripped, poured things wrong. It was a disaster. I had to be very mindful when wearing the darn glasses.

I got pregnant, estrogen changes your vision, whammo eyeglasses not needed. (Who knew?)

So frankly I am a bit concerned about walking about with my depth perception altered, I might end up with an injury, much worse than the initial one.

And yes I realize David Lynch made the eye patch alluring during the whole twin peaks thing, oh and Kill bill made the eye patch alluring once again...but I digress.

Anywho, I received links for eye patches today....from a couple of folks....

Thank You for thinking of me. I particularly liked the fancier eye patch, in which the seamstress also specialized in pasties....(I have a great story about a 64 year old woman that made boxes of pasties and brought them into the lingerie store I worked in at Fort Bragg) .......but this appears to be a bit burlesque...

And the other link was sent by someone who thinks I am CRAFTY, which I am not...

No comments: