Thursday, September 04, 2008

Tough act to follow, but he led it...

I know a little about John McCain, my MIL lived in Arizona while my DH wa in Desert Storm. She loved McCain, and the way he handled Arizona's affairs.

I learned more about McCain during a day visit to the POW Museum one afternoon in Andersonville, Ga. I went alone that day. And, I had no idea what I was about to enter. That day was a profound experience for me, and my visit was timed on the same day as 3 bus loads of former POWs, were there.


As I wife of a veteran, there are challenges I know our men and women face when coming home, but I will never know what being a POW for 5 years would do to ones spirit. I can guess what it might do to my own.....and I will say I am not made of that kind of stuff...

Last night I was reminded by Palin, that McCain has done so much for each of us, he has a VESTED interest in our country.

I am not a fan of big government. Most of us are not. I believe that with hard work, people can achieve what they dream. I believe it is up to each of us to help those around us too. I do not want the Feds involved in my family decisions.

And as a wife of a veteran, I feel most confident in trusting the American Presidency to the McCain/Palin ticket.

He knows what is at risk, he knows evil, he has seen evil up close....

And he wants to protect Americans from having to live what he lived through..

I particularly loved the very last minutes of McCain's speech.

He wants each of us to LOVE AMERICA as much as he does. He wants each of us to have a hand in taking care of our country, and our neighbors.

the end of McCains speech...

If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you’re disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.

I’m going to fight for my cause every day as your President. I’m going to fight to make sure every American has every reason to thank God, as I thank Him: that I’m an American, a proud citizen of the greatest country on earth, and with hard work, strong faith and a little courage, great things are always within our reach. Fight with me. Fight with me.

Fight for what’s right for our country.

Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for our children’s future.

Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies.

Stand up for each other; for beautiful, blessed, bountiful America.

Stand up, stand up, stand up and fight. Nothing is inevitable here. We’re Americans, and we never give up. We never quit. We never hide from history. We make history.

Thank you, and God Bless you.

No comments: