Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What is worse, Elle McPherson or animation?

I cannot imagine being a teenager right now...ick.

I did not care for it when it happened to me so very long ago.

It occurred to me the other day when I was retrieving my e-mail on yahoo, that the advertisements that pop up are all some some of weird animated, pictures. Wrinkle cream, cellulite cream, make up, bras....all of them not actual pictures, but some weird sort of digital computer imagery. Not one freckle, or line, or scar....some odd colored fleshtone animated beautiful woman. I am sure there is a name for it. I am not going to look into it.

When I was 16, I recall desparatly wanting to look like Elle McPherson. I wonder who 16 year old girls want to look like now...? The animated digital imagery?

I do believe that gender identity can be related to images that we see. I do believe body dysmorphia can be related to images we see.

Just a thought this morning....

No comments: