Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Lord Giveth, and the Lord taketh away

(Cue music now)



Actually the King James versions is

"The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away."

But I digress.

So I came out earlier today, luxuriating in the day. Enjoying my daughters nap and my tremendous savings at the commissary. It takes little to excite me. I am in suburbia, well Arkansas suburbia, which is a little unlike any other suburb. It is sort of like being on another planet.

Gee what has brought on all of this disparagement, and somberness?

I have spent the afternoon watching and encouraging my 5 year old as he wrote.

"I will not spit on the floor"

and

"I will not push"

12 times each

He is 5.

After retrieving him 20 minutes earlier than the usual dismissal time.

After being phoned by the Principal.

I promise you, it was not fun.

I now know why they call it happy hour.


It was like making a cat use a fork and spoon. Except more painful, because no one expects a cat to use a comb. They do expect your 5 year old to have manners, and common courtesy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well Arkansas suburbia, which is a little unlike any other suburb. It is sort of like being on another planet.

We've always maintained in our house that Arkansas is a world unto itself. *g*