Friday, August 03, 2007

Another chapter in the vagina monologues

*female blogging* you HAVE been warned. If you do not want to hear about all things female CLICK OUT NOW.

Yesterday I had to make a trip to the vagina whisperer, with The Collective in tow. Per usual.

It was a follow up on my cysts, and my annual exam.

I am tired of going to the vagina whisperer, I am certain not as tired as you are hearing about "it".

It seems as though, I am going off of "the pill" now. I am not sure how I feel about that.

Doc, wants to see how I can do sans pill, as my complaint about being on the Loestrin is low energy, mood, and anxiety issues, and migraines. It has shortened my monthly cycles, and they have become less painful, in fact almost absent. However, I cannot seem to stay on focus for any length of time, and this is UNUSUAL for me, and I do not like it.

I know there are those naysayers that are going to say women use hormones as an excuse for "naughty behavior".

But I do contend that putting extra hormones in a female....well if you do not expect a physiological change from it, well than you are insane. It is estrogen for the love of PETE.

I wish my Mother were here, so I could compare what is happening to me, and what her hormonal life was like in her 30's, because I cannot recall. I recall her in her 40's. I also recall calling those her "dolphin years", because she spent a lot of time squawking in high pitched frequency. I do not want to be a dolphin.

Perimenapause? That is my guess, it can last for years you know. My Vagina Whisperer claims I am far to young, and am just having some common problems. So who knows.

Plus there was the entire matter of filling out the History and Physical AGAIN. Mine looks like a novelette, because of all of the family illness. My Parents physical issues, are enough, but then when you add Aunts and Uncles, and Grandparents to the mix. It doesn't look good in a statistics way. The nurse looked horrified. However I contend that my lifestyle and excercise regime, and diet can alter those statistics.

I also have to get a mammogram in October for a baseline. As my Mothers Sister is surviving breast cancer as we speak. I need one.

So all of those things that make us so wonderfully feminine, soft, and lovely to look at....

well, they require a lot of attention outside of the bedroom as well.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Loestrin did the same thing to me, especially the migraines. Have you tried other pills, too? They eventually found one that didn't make me crazy and ill, but unfortunately I don't remember which one it was...

Good luck!