Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mao Mao

Today I spent a greater portion at the hairdresser. It was not relaxing, as my 4 year old daughter thought it would be cute to act farel. Ughhh. I loathe when she decides to do that.

When I walked in my hairdresser said "what are we gonna do?" and I said, make my hair look like the roots, minus the 6 gray hairs I keep pulling out.

HD: "Really?"

AWTM: "Really"

With moving, packing, trying to sell the house myself, plus everything else I have on my plate I do not want to worry about roots. I do not want it. I do not want to look like some crazy person. So I am even darker than the last time, sans highlights, a sort of golden thread running through here or there, but nothing wacky.

So now I feel like Elvira. Yes it is truly that dark.

Ok, it is not quite that dark, but it might as well be. Especially since I was practically a strawberry blonde in April.

When some folks have a mid-life crises they get convertibles. Me? I alter my hair color. It is a lot cheaper, and there is no insurance. Plus what in the hell would I do with a convertible in Nebraska?

Well I would freeze.

So now I look like Elvira. Great.

2 comments:

Bon said...

I just did this whole Elvira thing, yes I did. I wasn't moving back to Nebraska, though I have a house for sale (STILL) there, I was moving to the warm sunny place. *chuckle* Your hair will mellow as you wash it (yeah it will) and at the same time you will get used to it and all will be right with the world!

Anonymous said...

You know what? I've NEVER colored my hair. NEVER. With as black as it is, I'm scared to. But now I have these grays. And they make me nuts. I pull them out. But I got this "glaze" for when I wash my hair. It's brown (cuz they don't have black) and this flamin' gay hair dresser suggested I use it to color the GRAYS only. Just make them less noticeable. Did it work? No. But I feel so fancy schmancy for even putting one DAB of color on my head. hahaha