Thursday, January 31, 2008

The elusive sleep, thank you Nick Cage

I have been pooped this week. I am guessing part of it may be the return to the exercise regime. I do sleep better if I do my yoga. It is still dark around 5:30pm. We have resolved our future with this last opportunity and move, and it feels as though the weight of the world has been lifted off of our shoulders. . I also have this "whatever is making me cough", this annoying cough. Oh and the packing, and the idea of packing, it has made me tired.

The Collective typically sleep now. They should, they really owe it to me, after the years of sleep deprivation that comes with child rearing. Oh, and having a spouse away at war for a year doesn't help with sleep either. Being home alone as often as I am does not make for good sleep. Add those up with my long history of insomnia. And well I normally am lucky to get 5-6 hours. Interrupted mind you

For the past three nights, DH and I have tried to watch that damn National Treasure movie, and found the premise exciting. The movie horrible. Nick Cage dialogue horrid, and quipy. It seriously took us 3 nights to get through it.

I have actually probably slept more in the last 3 days than I did last week combined. So thank you Nick Cage. I only wish I could stop waking up after I have gotten my 5 hours. I wake and am ready to rock and roll. There is no rock and roll at 2am in suburbia. Then I wake again at 3:30, still no rock and roll.

So thank you Nick Cage, for allowing me to actually sleep 24 hours in 3 days, even if interrupted. I may have to start renting all of your movies. Well except for Valley Girl, I liked you in that.

No comments: