Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Twisted...




Heat is used in Bikram Yoga in order to allow you to go deeper and safer into a Yoga Pose. Your body becomes more flexible in the heat and since most poses used in Bikram are physically challenging, heat allows you to get into a pose that you never imagined you can do. It also eliminates the risk for injuries, promotes sweating and helps you release the toxins in your body. The poses not only work on your muscles but also your internal organs. Each pose stretches and strengthens your muscles, joints, and ligaments and, at the same time release the toxins and work on your internal organs like the Glands and the Nervous System.
Last night I attended yoga,at the studio. No pilates, no yolattes, straight yoga. Bikram and Ashatanga styles ruling the evening. A very hard practice last evening. I was pushed hard. I woke this morning sore. A lot of twisted poses, which help release toxins.

Have you ever had a deep tissue massage, and woke up feeling like you have been beaten?

I woke this morning feeling like that.

Yeah, I know hydrate. Just when I think I am strong, and fexible, I am reminded that I have not been working myself hard enough.

No comments: