Monday, May 22, 2006

Prayer, and Support

~Lao Tzu
Kindness in words creates confidence, kindness in thinking creates profoundness, kindness in feeling creates love. .


What can you do do make a difference in someone's day?

This mil-blogger has not been home for long, and was recently diagnosed with stage 3-4 colon cancer.

"First off, Sher and I want to send out an enormous round of THANKS. Your prayers have been heard it seems. I am up and moving around more today. I walked all the way down the hall, around the corner, and back down the other side. I am sitting up better and not hurting as bad."


He is on the road of recovery and she writes.
"We are only in the beginning of this entire ordeal and I know that neither Greg nor I can really grasp the full scope of what is ahead with the chemotherapy. Not a single member of our immediate family is here. It would be easy to let self pity take over. Yet, I am already seeing such hope and promise in the letters, comments, phone calls and offers of help all around us. Soldiers from Camp Shelby come everyday to visit. A fellow soldier that served in Iraq with Greg made the 4 ½ hour drive down yesterday from our home town to see him. The military chaplain stayed with me for the 3 hours he was in surgery and wouldn’t leave me until Greg was back in his room post op. They have offered to bring me food, sit here with him at the hospital and one of them even “popped” my back when I was too stiff to even turn my head."

Well for the price of a stamp, you can write a note to Greg and his Dear Wife.

Greg and Sher
P.O. Box 883,
Horn Lake, MS
38637

No comments: