Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas and Candy exchange repost

Certainly I am not the only one that is preparing my kitchen for this grand holiday. I asked others to share they're favorite recipe's, in the comments, in a post, or send them in an email!! WOW. There are a lot of recipes to try here folks!

So get the flour, eggs, chocolate, and some counter space, because here we go!!

Biting the Heads off of Gummy Bears, submitted several recipes, some of these taking very few ingredients, which is a bonus.


There is toffee, mounds candy, snickerdoodle cookies and more! A recipe for "totally easy caramel corn", which looks delicious, I get so hungry for caramel corn, and I am definitely making this! I think it also makes a great gift for neighbors, teachers etc.

Shakey Pete, takes the time to steal one of Linda Lou's recipes, instead of reloading ammo!! Actually it is a family recipe called Grandma Hagen's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. For the record Oatmeal Raisin cookies are the most requested cookie in this house. I also never feel bad feeding them to the children because, after all there has to be less sugar in them than most "kids cereals", which I rarely buy. Linda Lou's recipe looks yummy, and I will make these at some point.


A Rose By Any Other Name, also submits several recipes!! All of her cookies looked fantastic, and she includes her family favorites! However one caught my eye. Buckeyes!!

I have had these several times, but have never made them. THESE are delicious candies, and if my memory serves me correctly, they are a FAVORITE, everyone's loves these peanut butter and chocolately bits of heaven. These will be made this year!

The Lemon Stand, has done her Christmas baking this year, and even sent the goodies to her DH who is proudly serving our country. She has photos, and an extensive list of recipes.
This includes, banana bread, peanut butter cookies, molasses drop cookies (which sound like they would be good with tea and coffee), and a great recipe for Ginger Bread People. Which just happens to be on the list of things to make!! I think The Collective will have fun decorating these little people, and they love the story of The Ginger Bread Man. Plus biting the head off of a cookie, just screams Happy Holidays!

Sissy, from And What Next submits Mud Cookies. Which have to be easy, because Sissy does not as a rule "cook". There are not many ingredients in these, and they have chocolate in them. Everyone wins. She also submitted one of Tammi's favorite "cheater cakes", called Turtle Cake. I have never been privy to the cake, but I have heard all bloggers give it rave reviews!!

G.R.I.T.S.(girl raised in the south) includes a couple of recipes. Now I will say this, I know this lady can cook, as well as the rest of her folks. Her kin were on their way through here a few weeks ago, and man oh man did they ever SURPRISE us with the biggest of goodies baskets. Delicious.


I was even given some of her Fathers Infamous Fudge. Which I have started calling "my medicine". No kidding, it is that good. She also includes a recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake bars. Did someone say cheesecake?

Boston Maggie, decided to play along, although she claims she is "a fly by the seat of your pants type of cook"...She calls this Cookie Pizza.
This recipe looks easy, and includes a cookie crust chocolate chips, and caramel...yeah...I thought you would like that. This would be the perfect thing to take to an office party. Although, if you do, take the recipe with you, people will ask for it. Yummy.

LadyGunn sends this recipe called "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" cookies. They have toffee in them!! How yummy is that. She also makes the suggestion that these be used with ice cream in the center!! Twist my arm!!

Sarah from Trying to Grok, has a recipe that is sure to please your loved one while deployed or at home!! She has even gone as far to name them "Terminator Cookies", after receiving a note that said this...

"I used to be bamboozled by the Terminator paradox...You know, Reese being the father of John Connor but also being sent back by John Connor? Well, now I'm bamboozled by your cookies. How the heck did you make those? They were incredible. I couldn't figure 3 cookies 16 ways, so I ate 'em all myself."
Now that is advertisement, for a cookie, is it not? Go ahead and give the recipe a gander, it is a good one.

My Blog Momma, Tammi played along. The recipe for Pepermint melt away, takes 2 ingredients, and is pretty on a plate. I have not had any for years. Something to do with the candy canes people are sure to send to the collective!


In addition to that easy recipe, she also put up a Chocolate Charlie recipe, 3 ingredients folks!! You can have your own Christmas candy in no time at all!! I love these recipes, because they are simple, and take little time!! You will feel guilty if you do not make any.

Stay tuned folks, due to such a high level of participation, I have part 2 coming up before the weekend!!

No comments: