Monday, November 12, 2007

Valour IT

This will stay at top while the fundraiser for Valour IT is underway.

Valour IT information here




Written 10/20/2005 by Chuck Z, founder of Valour IT

Hope however, is not a method. So, like I've learned from the new movie Robots, which my kids seem to watch at least twice a day, “see a need, fill a need”. I know how much it means to the guys who are stuck lying on their backs, unable to use their hands to so much as scratch. Being fed, bathed, taken care of like an infant—not exactly a fitting role for a warrior who's used to being the one who helps others. It sure as hell wasn't a role that I wanted, although there were many people who came to see me who helped. I've never asked a stranger to scratch (and even pick (Thank you so much Lisa)) my nose. I doubt that I would now, but I was a lot more medicated (and a lot less able) then. At that time I had no use of either hand. I know how humbling it is, how humiliating it feels. And I know how much better I felt, how amazingly more functional I felt, after SoldiersAngels provided me with a laptop and a loyal reader provided me with the software. I can't wait to do the same, to give that feeling to another soldier at Walter Reed.


Of course I am joining the Army Team. And I would love for you all to encourage those in your community to give to Valour IT as well. How?

FLYERS ARE HERE AND READY FOR YOU TO DISTRIBUTE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!!



FBL has these suggestions, as to where to post them!! Most importantly, obtain permission folks!!
Suggestions for Flyer Distribution
Be sure to get permission if necessary. But once you know it's okay, try the following places:
Grocery stores
Places of worship (church, synogogue, etc.)
VFW halls and other offices of veterans' organizations
The community bulletin board in your workplace lunchroom
Community events like Fall Festival, Halloween parties, etc.
Vehicles that display "Support the Troops" magnets/stickers
Any business that gives you permission
Share them with co-workers
Community organizations like Boy Scouts, Shriners, Business clubs, etc.


*Oh, and before I forget!! Go ARMY, go kick some post office ass. I mean Air Force and Navy ass....

No comments: