Friday, December 02, 2005

Position of the week #8


“But tomorrow and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live. There is no other reality than present reality, so that, even if one were to live for endless ages, to live for the future would be to miss the point everlastingly.

If happiness always depends on something expected in the future, we are chasing a will-o'-the-wisp that ever eludes our grasp, until the future, and ourselves, vanish into the abyss of death.”
(Alan Watts, The Wisdom of Insecurity)



My new yoga class is working out splendidly. The time flies, and that is always a great indicator. My instructor also pushes me, which I need. She is almost 60,(mother of nine) and in great physical condition...inspirational.

I have been using hand weights with standing asanas.

She has also been pushing me to try harder positions. Last nights class concluded with a series of fantastic and challenging ashataga positions. Which are positions I prefer, but always find somewhat frightening. There is great possibility of falling.


So last nights position was one I had not tried before. Very hard to find photos online of the darn thing as well.

I did it, and I didn't fall.

No comments: