Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday.

17 years ago tonight, Dear Husband and I went on our first "real date". Which means, he picked me up at my parents home while I was on "winter break" from college. He had driven the entire way from El Paso, Texas, where he was serving with the 3rd ACR. We went to National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, and then I think we went to an obscure little bar in my hometown, with an 80 year old female batender that's voice sounded like Marge Simpson's sister, she mixed drinks for cowboys, and knew nothing of "drinking age". Dear Husband had a scotch and water, neat. I think I had gin and tonic. We kissed in the car on the drive home.

4 years ago tonight I was in a hospital room, having a terrible time delivering Dash. Dear Husband was on R&R, and I had convinced my midwife to induce me, so Dear Husband could see his first born. The labor lasted 12 hours, and it was by far one of the most painful and terrifying moments in my life. However, as soon as I held him, all was right.

So Happy New Year to each of you, and Happy Birthday my Big Boy Dash. I will pop a bottle of champagne tonight, and toast the New Year and say a prayer for everyone I know, may my voice be carried through the Heavens....

No comments: