Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Favorite Christmas Movie Meme

YEAH...Something fun to think about.

A Meme from Lee-Anne .

My Five Favorite Holiday Movies.

I don't know if I can name just 5.....

1) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Oddly enough it was Dear Husband and my first "date movie". I can recall he was wearing a black leather jacket, a black skull cap, with green skulls on it. I remember him saying at one point. "Hey you didn't hate my hat, most people would have asked me to take it off". I do not remember what I was wearing. I wonder if he does? I will have to ask. Of course I loved the movie and laughed loudly through the entire movie, I cackled and snorted, and he wasn't bothered by it.


Clark: "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun old fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're going to press on, and we're going to have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's going to find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house."


2) Elf. Starring one of the funniest men EVER...need I say more really. With some of the best lines EVER...


Buddy: Sounds like somebody needs to sing a Christmas Carol.
Jovie: No way.
Buddy: The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.
Jovie: Thanks, but I don't sing.
Buddy: Oh, well, it's just like talking, except longer and louder, and you move your voice up and down.
Jovie: I *can* sing, I just choose *not* to sing. Especially in front of other people.
Buddy: If you can sing alone, you sing in front of other people. There's no difference.
Jovie: Actually, there's a BIG difference.
Buddy: No there's not. Wait...
[Starts singing loud and off-key]
Buddy: I'm singing/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!
Gimbel's Manager: HEY! There's no singin' in the North Pole!
Buddy: Yes there is!
Gimbel's Manager: No there's not!
Buddy: We sing all the time!
Gimbel's Manager: No you don't!
Buddy: Especially when we build toys!
[Back to Jovie]
Buddy: See?

SO very funny...

3) Auntie Mame. Possibly one of my FAVORITE movies year round anyway. Also some very MEMORABLE lines, and the costuming is some of the most fantastic EVER. Oh and I am sure there will be some that may argue, it is not a Christmas movie at all. There is a Christmas scene folks, that makes it a Christmas movie. Oh and for the record, when I am not imagining being Emma Peel, or Maria Callas, I pretend I am Mame.

Patrick Dennis: Is the English lady sick, Auntie Mame?
Auntie Mame: She's not English, darling... she's from Pittsburgh.
Patrick Dennis: She sounded English.
Auntie Mame: Well, when you're from Pittsburgh, you have to do something.


4) When The Grinch Stole Christmas. The Original. The rhyming, and the adorable Who's in Whoville, and the little dog, wearing those poor heavy antlers, which I am sure are meant to resemble "the burden" that some feel Christmas is. I can recall watching it almost every year.

Narrator: All the Whos down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot, but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not. The Grinch hated Christmas - the whole Christmas season. Oh, please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. Or maybe his head wasn't screwed on just right. But I think that the best reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

5) A Christmas Story. Another one I could watch year round. A great story, hilariously funny. I think the Father being my favorite charactor. Although I always think the Mom may be slightly boozed up, which is not a bad idea during the holiday.

Narrator: Some men are Baptists, others Catholics, my father was an Oldsmobile man.

6) Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. Simply adorable, catchy songs, sung by Burl Ives, Mrs. Santa saying "eat eat"... in the end, the Misfits win out. Not a bad ending at all.


WE'RE A COUPLE OF MISFITS
HERMEY/RUDOLPH

We're a couple of misfits
We're a couple of misfits
What's the matter with misfits
That's where we fit in!

We're not daffy and dilly
Don't go 'round willy nilly
Seems to us kinda silly
That we don't fit in.

We may be different from the rest
Who decides the test
Of what is really best?

We're a couple of misfits
We're a couple of misfits
What's the matter with misfits
That's where we fit in!

(this part sung by Rudolph)

Why am I such a misfit?
I am not just a nit wit!
I'm an adorable reindeer
Why don't I fit in?

(this part sung by Hermey)

Why am I such a misfit?
I am not just a nit wit!
They can't fire me.
I QUIT!

We may be different from the rest
Who decides the test
Of what is really best?

We're a couple of misfits
We're a couple of misfits
What's the matter with misfits
That's where we fit in!

No comments: