Thursday, May 19, 2005

Taco Salad? It's What's for dinner.

Vegetable Taco Salad


This is a great and easy salad for the summer. This is also great to take to pot luck lunches, and picnics.

1-16 oz can kidney beans drained
1 large head iceberg lettuce-torn
3 cups romaine lettuce-torn
2 large tomatoes-chopped
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 small red bell pepper chopped
1/2 head cauliflower florets
1/2 head red cabbage chopped
8-10 scallions chopped
1-16 oz package Doritos
1-12 oz bottle of catalina dressing

Combine all vegetabes and beans in a large salad bowl and toss to mix.
Chill covered for 1 hour
Add broken chips and dressing just before serving.
Toss to mix

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah!

That's not FOOD.

That's what food EATS.

:-)

SEAWITCH said...

Sounds good to me. Have you ever tried it with ground beef? Sounds like my kind of main dish.

Rachelle Jones said...

*Harvey, feed this to your chicken
*Seawitch, I think it would be great with ground beef, might have to try it.

JACK ARMY said...

oh, we have it with ground beef all the time.

Good eats! I love me some taco salad.

David said...

Looks great! I WILL make this... and I'll probably also (at least some of the /multiple/ times I plan on making this) add some ground or shredded beef... fried and seasoned with onion, garlic, ground anaheim peppers and cumim.

Good eats!