Thursday, May 26, 2005

Music I can't stand......

Blogging will be light, because of my hostessing duties. They are paramount to my social standing. Not really, I just like hanging out with Dear Husbands "Step-Dad.

Here is a great question for you.

Who is your least favorite recording artist?

I cannot stand George Thourogood, or Bob Segar, even if I am drunk off my ass, and with the coolest people, in the coolest bar. I just can't stand to hear either of them screeching and grunting. Makes my skin crawl to think of it. I really tried to pick one, but can't.
I can't stand both.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was somewhere around the age of ten, there was a singer named Terrence Trent O'darby. (I'm not sure if that's exactly right, but I don't really care.) To this day, I shudder when I even think of him. He had this habit I found disgusting even as a child - licking and practically swallowing the mic.
Ugh.

The Bobo Knitter said...

Whitney Houston, Billy Joel (Sorry, can't stand him!) and the group U2 cause they make my skin crawl!

airforcewife said...

My 13 year old tried to bring some Britney Spears into the house.

Ugh.

We quickly had to have the house blessed by a priest, and just to be safe, a rabbi, too. In order to counteract any residual effects, we had to play Melissa Ethridge non-stop for a week (Hubby thought Hole would be the better counteract, but I thought that would just open us up to a whole new epoch of problems).

Anonymous said...

Michael Bolton - pure evil

Machelle - Bob Seger is an acquired taste. It took me years to get past his gravelly voice to enjoy his music.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if one singer does it, but I hate that song, "Someone left the cake out in the rain." Blech.

Anonymous said...

Bob Dylan. He's always annoyed me, with that nasal whine that could peel paint off the walls.
And probably due to an extreme reaction to living in a beach community full of ex-hippies, Jerry Garcia and Bob Marley both make me switch radio stations at the speed of light. Never understood the big fuss.

Sarah said...

For whatever reason, Phil Collins makes me nauseas.