Sunday, May 29, 2005

Blues and the King

So I did manage to see the Mr. B.B. King Friday night. This is something I have wanted to do for years. The King of the Blues, I never thought I would be so lucky to have the honor.

B.B. King is now 79 years old, has diabetes, and honestly folks I wasn't expecting a "grand performance". I was SOOO wrong. Mr. King is a GRACIOUS performer, and wants to make his audience happy. He sang songs that would make the general audience happy. Standard King like "The Thrill is gone", and "Three-o-clock Blues".
Not only did his voice sound GREAT, which is hard to maintain with age, but LIVE. His voice sounded rich, and full. His guitar playing made me wish I had every recording by the King, and the time to listen to it 24 hours a day.

I was also amazed to hear "blues" being played by such a smiling man. I have NEVER seen anyone that loved their job like Mr. King. Mr. B.B. King loves to make people with the "blues" feel like they have company, and he likes making "happy" people wish they had the "blues". He looked like he was truly enjoying every second of this "odd gig" by a river in Arkansas where people only had to pay $15 for a 3 day pass.

1 comment:

That 1 Guy said...

I envy you... glad you enjoyed the show!