Wednesday, December 20, 2006

She is making a llist and checking it thrice...

More boring lists of things I did today....(however note here, I do the lists to benefit myself. I need to look back on the day and feel as though I accomplished something.)


*yawn*

Needed gas, filled up. Gas was $2.17


Went to the PX, looked around....Nothing there really. No really interesting perfume gift sets...Etc. Although I did see an Olympus camera in my price range, with an optical zoom.

Went to Commissary, bought as much of Christmas fixing as possible. I treated us to lots of fancy items, it is the Holiday after all. And I love to eat. I picked up Brie (I am going to serve warm with chutney on top and apples), lots of fancy crackers, and toasts, German mustards. I also needed butter, eggs. I am making all of the neighbors either rolls or cinnamon rolls for Christmas. Oh and I bough nice olives...

Had to run home and wrap my Sisters pajamas, and mail them off. (they MIGHT get there on time)

Also needed more stamps, I ran out 1 day ago. The Post office ran out of ALL Christmas stamps, they had vegetable stamps. So your card might be delivered with a "kooky zuchinni stamp".

Ummmmm.....

Had to get more Christmas photo card printed out, I ran out, AGAIN. This happens every year. Order more... next year lady. I also had some othe film developed for the family....they miss Sir Rowland and Pink Ninja.

Had to go to the bank and deposit a small amount of money...

ummmm....

Came home and made "Runza casserole" (recipe courtesy of my Sister in law) YUMMY, if you are of German heritage or love cabbage.)

2 tablespoons vegetable oil spread
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups cabbage (chopped)
1 can low sodium mushroom soup
2 cans crescent rolls (eight per package
1 eight ounce package shredded cheddar cheese
1 eight ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese

Melt vegetable oil spread in skillet. Brown hamburger in spread. Add onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add cabbage and cook until tender. Stir soup into hamburger. Press eight rolls into bottom of 9 X 13 glass baking dish. Pour hamburger mixture on rolls. Top with both cheeses. Cover with eight more rolls. Back at 350 for 20 minutes.


*note I did not use any cheese, or onion soup mix tonight...I also included an entire onion...I also used butter....*

I walked in the house at 4:56, and had this meal prepped and cooked and on the table at 5:40. This is a great way to get people to eat cabbage. The Collective like it sliced in long narrow strips they eat them like noodles!)

and now I am off to wrap gifts!!

be good, he is watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy... am going to have to try this one!!!