Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Man Hands



*that is a burn I acquired, getting dinner rolls out of the oven.* (It seems I get these every Holiday.


*2 nails missing after a battle of twist ties, a small cut under the bird finger from the knife. One of them got sliced off from my little knife on the juice tool, all fingers are intact for now...

A confession here, I never have had great looking hands..

a lifetime of work with my hands...detassling corn, factory work, kitchen work, house work, helping Dad cut wood, picking bugs off of potato plants, and then my life as a nurse. Washing and washing hands with hot water, and antibacterial soap...it ruins hands.

Another confession, I bit my nails until probably 10 years ago. Ugly hands.

Oh and while we are at it, I never had a manicure, until I got one for an anniversary gift from DH.

However, over the past few years, I have taken pretty good care of my hands. My nails do not get painted regularly, because I think chipped and worn polish looks worse than none. Any polish is likely to get messed up within 2 hours of a paint job. I do give myself a lovely manicure, if I am going to be out and about...

The Holiday war, has left my hands in turmoil. Particularly the deadly twist ties. If you are a parent, you know what I am speaking of. And you know the battle that ensues. Whoever has twist tie duty is a bitter, bitter person.

No comments: