Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The morning after The Most Wonderful Time of The Year...

A brief post, as I have a date with an interesting man. Ahhhh....

I was upset most of Christmas Eve.

I was starting to mourn the passing of the Holiday.

I have been enjoying the Christmas Season so much. The Collective are finally old enough to really "enjoy" and participate in traditions. It warmed my heart.

I have no idea where we will be next year. I would love if all family would come down here next year, it would certainly be warmer for them. It would be a nice break from the frigid temps...plus I do like entertaining.

However, we sit here unsure of DH's current status. Will he be here? Will he be in Iraq? We have no idea.

So through the entire Holiday, the uncertainty of the situation loomed. Me taking a photo of everything imaginable. Trying to savor every momnet, every smile, and giggle. Presents opened...

It is what we have learned to do as military families during war time, and we are not the first, nor the last, and it is what it is.

I do hate to see Christmas fade, as it seems to. I almost dread taking down the garlands, trees, and wreaths. I will miss having a cheerful note or photo in my mailbox. I will miss making special holiday cookies with The Collective, even if eggs get dropped onto the floor, and cocoa gets spilled. I will miss hearing them sing Holly Jolly Christmas, and Away in a Manger.

The empty boxes with the words Christmas on them lined up in the garage, waiting to be filled. My holly leaves and berries on the front garland turning dark.

Something about the Holidays being over makes my heart feel full and broken at the same time, it is the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, army wife! thanks for this post.