Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Hunger for October


Ahh, October. A little hard for me to believe since I have been teased by one tolerably cool morning. It is too warm out for me to even consider a pumpkin on the porch. I would have to put sunglasses on the poor jack o lanterns.


I have tried to pull fall from the depths of my soul. I have tried baking oatmeal raisin cookies, even acorn squash. I am longing for the cool and damp weather. I want to hear crunching under my feet. I want to hear the sound of raking. The taste of caramel wrapped over tart apples. I am unable to smell the harvest here, and am looking for the color orange.

Maybe a trip to the video store might help. David Bowie in The Hunger....

Vampires might help.

Bela Lugosi's Dead/ Bauhaus


White on white translucent black capes
Back on the rack
Bela Lugosi's dead
The bats have left the bell tower
The victims have been bled
Red velvet lines the black box
Bela Lugosi's dead
Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room
The count
Bela Logosi's dead
Undead undead undead

No comments: