Thursday, October 13, 2005

Have I really known you for 17 years?

Today Dear Husband turned 37....oh my....How time flies when you are having fun. The bad news Dear Husband had another marathon day. I cannot wait for this work "event" to be over. The good news is, he was home in time for a "surprise" party thrown by myself, the Toddlers, my Sister. This is Daddy's first party with all of us present. The toddlers were excited to be hosting their first party. We had to go buy presents, and balloons, make a cake, and buy ice cream of course. They even yelled "surprise" when he walked in the kitchen. Daddy did a great job at looking surprised. Dash added great international flair with a "Feliz Cumpleanos".

Dear Husband got home in time for a delicious meal. A simple salad, baked potato, and a ribeye. We blew out his candles and made a wish...(I wonder what he wished for?) He had a piece of pumpkin, walnut, carrot, and coconut cake .....Yummy. Opened cards, gifts, and a box that just arrived today... That contained some of his deceased Grandmothers belongings. He received his Grandmothers ham and bean pot, a couple of pieces of her blue hobnail. Actually we all got something, but when asked at Grandmothers funeral "What do you want of grandma's...His reply was "her ham and bean pot". I think it is probably the best gift he has ever received.

A good time was had by all, and the evening ended the usual way with 3 stories to the Toddlers, perhaps a bit later than normal.....

So I sit here tonight blogging in bed, and I hear his familiar breathing, and find it hard to believe it has been 17 years since he first caught my eye. Why is it that in society we are brainwashed to believe, that aqe ranks so high in relevance to looks...Because honestly I am sitting here looking at him, finding him, even more beautiful, and charming than ever before...and guess what, I love that. And at this rate, he will be uber hot at 93.

I love you more.....

No comments: