Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A new low

Just when I thought cat blogging was bad, it is in the 100's here for the 4th day in a row.

"Today's high, is expected to reach 103 degrees, with the heat index, it will feel like 106"


We are in the house, and we are not leaving. I have all blinds closed. The wind is 4 mph, which is slower than I walk, so it offers no relief. Balmy. The kind of heat and humidty, that makes it hard for even mosquitos to fly freely. It makes all creatures slow moving. Mostly me. The poor air conditioner running non stop. It is, beginning to sound like a cash register. Every time I heard it kick on through the night, I swear I heard money jumping into envelopes.

These are the days, that lead me to think, we were nuts to move here. Nuts. These are the days I seriously consider Dear Husbands proposal that we retire off grid in the mountains somewhere in Wyoming, or Montana. Snow....cold. Ahhhhh.....

Then I could piss and moan about scooping snow, and being trapped indoors for months at a time with toddlers, heating bills.

In all honesty I think sweaters, and nights by the fire are much more romantic, then sweaty, stinky, grouchy, overheated people.


Then again ask me in December...

2 comments:

nEo said...

Know what you mean here. This LA humidity is for the birds. We shoo'd a cat out of our flowers on Sunday, and it was so hot that it walked 10 ft to another bush. My wife is ready to leave here, but the move to CO is too cold for her. lol. She may like it after a year or so.

Anonymous said...

This heat is awful!!! It's technically only 93 here, but the heat index is 100. Ugh.