Sunday, February 12, 2006

Because your Mine.....



The taste of love is sweet
when hearts like our's meet
I fell for you like a child
oh, but the fire went wild..
~Ring of Fire
~June Carter Cash

I finally got to go see Walk The Line. I had read Cat's review in December. I had also read Eric's post.

So I go looking forward to seeing the Man In Black, I want to hear his story. It is funny to me how three people can go to the same movie and walk away with 3 very different opinions. I did love the movie. The performances were outstanding.

I did know a little about Cash before going to the movie, so I did know about the death of his brother, and I do think one moment can change your life.... A life driven by guilt, and imprisoning self. There are a lot of ways we can put ourselves behind bars folks, booze, pills, drugs, self loathing. There are times, when some folks are able to set themselves free. Sometimes we need someone else to give us a key, or open the door.

Folsom Prison Blues was written by a young serviceman, who had never actually been inside a "real prison".

Guess that proves something.


Then one day he was gone, and no one ever saw him 'round,
He'd vanished like the breeze, they forgot him in the little town.
But all the girls still dreamed about him.
And hung around the cabaret until the doors were locked.
And then one day on the Hit Parade,
Was a little dark-haired boy who played the Tennessee flat top box
~Tennessee Flat Top Box
~Johnny Cash

No comments: