Wednesday, June 17, 2009

hunkering down...

I got ALMOST EVERYTHING on the list done today! Go team!

So now EVERYONE is in bed, and I am going to watch my DVR'd Army Wives, and fold laundry.

I managed to go to the early evening yoga class after taking the kids swimming. (for those of you keeping track, tan fail) It was 90 degrees today, amazingly hot. It felt soooo good really. Anywho back to this yoga thing. I walked into a room with only the instructor. Seems as though it is a new class time change, so no one was there. I got private lessons. Which was ok, because the other morning there were so many women in there, we were getting tangled. I literally had someone stretch and touch my toes...weird. tonight was fine. I am sore. But it is a good sore. I managed crow position first attempt! This is huge, because it is challenging. My upper body strength is BAD at this time. I am really in fro building it back up. Not thrilled. Now for trying to figure out some sort of schedule....Next week will be loose, as The kids have VBS. I need to start walking in the evenings, but I see DH so rarely at this point, if I went for a walk I might miss him entirely.

For those of you on facebook I found the remote. Where? The darn couch. After tearing it up a million times. Whatever.

SSM called tonight! She and her dear Hubby are on the way to see US. Do you know how honored I feel to have them make the LONG trip across corn/corn/corn, which most people hate, to see little ole us...seriously. It will be nice to have friends stop by, particularly to meet DH and The Collective. I have hung out with SSM and her DH, but they have never gotten to meet my brood. I am fixing something very midwesty for dinner..steak, potato, salad, and Trying to Grok just sent me a recipe for a rhubarb tart! (She did not even email it, she took the time to send it in the mail, because she is old school.)

I am good. I was cranky last night, unsure why...

Tomorrow evening we are off to the Children's Museum, I am packing a picnic, and we are hoping to meet up with DH, my Brother and his daughter. The String Beans are in town baby!



Speakign of string beans, I found 2 the other day, and fed them to the kids straight out of the garden, and we have another bean clinging for dear life! YEAH! I should have planted more...

4 comments:

Guard Wife said...

Hug, SSM for me. :)

Bou said...

The String Beans are real people! I thought they were just a cartoon. Holy crap, they are funny!

Sarah said...

So jealous you get to see teh String Beans. But let me know how the tart turns out!

Rebecca Sweeney Krokoski said...

Hey! I love your blog!!! But I just have to ask, I find Army wives to be too depressing to watch!! Do you ever feel that way or am I just a sobbing miserable Army wife??? :) love your opinion! Thanks, Rebecca