Sunday, November 06, 2005

Saturday Night Live Fire

I managed to get out of cooking last night. I think Dear Husband thought I could use a break.....

The Lt. Col. had to stop by and see a friend.

So we took the fresh faced Ranger and Toddlers out for ribs.

After dinner, we head back to the house, so he can check his e-mail. In the darkness, on the Interstate. I have night-blindness, and they are both staring ahead.

This young man, who Dear Husband has known for years, starts telling us of his time in Iraq.....

We all stared ahead.

I had tears flooding my eyes, and just kept driving. Quiet tears. Quiet. Quiet.

Inside I was screaming. Stop. I don't want to hear this story.

Dear Husband started telling a story, and I interrupted him by asking for directions.

I am not ready to hear how lucky I am.

When I am I going to be able to hear the stories?

Am I ever going to be ready for that?

Quiet. Quiet. Quiet.

No comments: