Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rained Out

Woke this morning, to the pitter patter of feet through the house, and the pitter patter of rain on the roof.

We needed the rain, some of the grass out back was getting a bit crunchy, and it is just plain ole dry down here. The soil in these parts, is mostly rock, and sand, no "real dirt" to hold moisture. So we needed rain.

This did change some plans though. We were headed to a little stream for a picnic, and trout fishing in Honor of Fathers Day. Instead, I made pancakes, and bacon, and am letting Dear Husband sleep in. That should be a treat for him, I normally am the one allowed to sleep in around here. I think the back up plan, was taking "the collective" to the movie Cars, and sharing milk duds and popcorn.

I am embarrassed to say, I still have some items that seem to be staggling in my suitcase, and need to empty the darn thing today.

So I sit here this morning, drinking coffee, with the sounds of rain, dishwasher, and clothes washer serenading me. I do hope that Dear Husband gets a little extra sleep this morning, and wakes ready to go to a show.

No comments: