Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The entertainer,


It has only been 24 hours of company, and I am pooped. 8 1/2 year old twin girls, a 3 1/2 year old, and a 20 month old. None of them want to eat the same, play the same, sing the same, talk about the same, sleep at the same time.

For those of you with 4 or more kids, bless you.

It has been bitter sweet to see the twins, they have grown soooo, they are little ladies now. They know a lot they did not know 4 years ago. They were about Dash's age the last I saw them. They are much taller than they used to be. So it has been a little sad for me. They have forgotten all of our trips we had taken to see them......we used to try and go at least yearly. They have forgotten all of those visits. They forgot I taught them itsy bitsy spider, and Santa Claus is coming to town. They forgot I have given them baths, and changed diapers....just too far away. I am glad Dash and Pink Ninja got to meet them, but realize they too will forget this encounter.

Brother in Law has been back from Afghanistan for a short while, only 1 week after out-processing at Bragg. I got to see some pictures, and hear some stories. He wants to be busy, he is having a hard time finding work in North Carolina. Thery live in a mill town, and although divorced he is in no position to relocate, he wants to help raise his daughters. It is causing him to be anxious, which is not helping him decompress from war.

Mother in law, happy to have us all under 1 roof. We have never been all together. This is the first time. It has just been a while, sometimes life takes turns.

I had spent a lot of money going back and forth to Nebraska to care for my Mother, my Husband has been deployed twice essentially. Brother in Law has been activated two times.....just never works out. Visits are precious.

So I am trying to RELAX, let the kids hold open doors, and let flies in, use paper plates, and ENJOY......ENJOY.

If someone would have told me, it would have been 4 years till I saw these girls again, I would have said you are crazy, and then I would have cried for days. My gorgeous neices are growing up, and they can sing like angels....

No comments: