Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tissues...

Today is Veteran's Day....

and I need a box of tissues.

I cry more every year.

This year I am crying harder than years past, all day off and on...

My Husband is home and safe, but several people I love are away. Away from home, and long to be "home", mowing the lawn, putting little ones to bed (even the cranky ones) ...

And it lends perspective.

We are blessed that so many do our fighting for us, so I can work behind a desk, and sleep in a warm house with a full tummy, and see my children so often that I will never know what it is like to be away.

I have not missed first crawl, first tooth, first smile.

And there are thousands of people who have done our fighting and have missed those things. And there is no making up for lost time.

What do they want in return?

I would venture to guess, a simple thank you would suffice.

If that does not make you tear up out of humility, really I have no idea what will move you....

To all of my family and friends that are serving our great Nation. I thank you, we thank you....

God's Blessings to each of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said :) I think that sometimes people forget that our "soldiers" are also people that have "lives" outside of the military that include families & friends that love them & miss them.

Guard Wife said...

Thanks, Mama.

You know we appreciate the dues you all have chipped in to the pot as well.

Love you!

ptg said...

I thank the creator every day for making such people.

Sarah said...

I'm with Guard Wife: You paid your buck-o-five.