Wednesday, November 04, 2009

And the list grows...

That list in my head I have been working on. What list? Oh you know the list. That ughhhhh LIST.

In good news, I am trying to combo activities. What do you mean?

Well for instance Thanksgiving, we are having it on Sunday November 22. Why? Well it just makes sense at this time. We have our Church Christmas program that night, no one in the extended immediate family has ever been to a Christmas program. It thought it would be so nice for the entire family to go and enjoy. So I invited all down for Thanksgiving/Christmas program/PN's 6 birthday combo.

Which leads me to this...holy cow, my BABY is 6. My baby. My itty girl.....is 6. PN and SR both wanted birthday parties this year. In bad news, both children have birthdays around the holidays. This means...oye vey. Hard to book a place, hard to find anyone in town...etc...So I have asked the kids to have a combo party, and a local gymnastic joint down the road. This seemed to be an OK decision. Now I have to figure out how many kids, and if this idea will fly...Neither have had big parties before as we were pretty much separated from family, and frankly they were too small.

Must think on this one...

Next problem, Christmas break is around the corner which means we need to beg our employers to flex our schedules (not fun, or popular with coworkers) or put them in a "camp" for the break. Both said they would love "camp". It would include swimming, crafts, games, etc..not as expensive as I would have imagined. However, there are only 10 slots left. So now DH has to run down there early in the am to seal our spot...

This is the stuff that makes me nuts, just when we have our routine down, boom....

5 comments:

vet66 said...

There is really such a thing as a 'routine'?

I look forward to having one some day. LOL

The Deployment Life said...

Birthday's can be hard when the fall around the holidays (or in the winter). My b-day is in January and my mom was constantly having to cancel my b-day party because of snow storms. Or she could never find the right gift because it was so close to Christmas. Good luck on the parties!

vet66 said...

Tragic news from Ft. Hood. 12 dead, 31 wounded, one dead shooter. Prayers to the families of those killed and wounded. The recently deceased shooter is alleged to be a recent Muslim convert. The Arizona contingent the Patriot Guard Riders accompanied to the airport were probably on the base being briefed.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Lemon Stand said...

All my kids birthdays are in the summer but I always feel bad for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Hers is on Oct 31st and his is Dec 25th.

I think the only thing needed for a celebration is family and friends. (and presents if it's kids birthdays) Otherwise I think it's wonderful that they can share more than just a meal with your family. The get to share a part of your life.

I say go for it.

vw bug said...

I soooo feel for you. I broke down and let Tater have a party before school let out last year and invited the whole class. Most of them showed up. I was insane by the end of it. Ok, more insane. good luck!