Friday, November 13, 2009

Counting Blessings....

Over the past couple of days I have had reminders of how blessed I am....

A friend I have not heard from for 2 years called last night, with horrid news. Her one son who is quite young was recently diagnosed with colon cancer that has spread to his liver, her other son was hit by an automobile while on his motorcycle, he is currently recovering. This has all happened in the last month. A gentleman I work with has a very young child is currently fighting cancer as well, he is 5 or 6 years of age....

Such devastating circumstances....and I cannot imagine.

Perspective in buckets within 48 hours. I must have needed it. Perspective.

I cannot imagine.

I asked the one gentleman how he is doing...and he smiled and said we are fine. I might add here, this young man is always smiling, always focused, always kind. And I told him we would be praying for him, and asked again how are you? He said he was fine, until he heard someone complain about a grumpy child, or a child that was up all night with the flu.

I understood immediately.

I will pray tonight for all of these folks. I will also remember not to complain and sweat over the small stuff.

2 comments:

ptg said...

Thanks for the perspective booster.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks. We all forget as we focus on our daily problems. We went through years with my son's cancer. He was diagnosed at 11, had three relapses and two bone marrow transplants. Now, at 19 he's a (reasonably) well adjusted college freshman. And we've moved on and are back to worrying about our small problems. How quick we forget what we learned the hard way. We all need reminders.