Sunday, January 22, 2006

Position of the Week #11



"Namaste at back"

I have spent a lot of time this week in meditation and prayer, and am back to yoga full time for the first time in weeks. My head is clearing, and I find myself in my head, ready for a new year. A different year. A year where I remember myself as I continue to remember others. I will include myself in all goals. My spirit is recuperating, after years of taking care of others, and illness, pain and loss. I can breathe.....


So to you....Namaste....


Namaste according to Wikipedia

Sanskrit namas means "bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, adoration". te is the personal pronoun , "you". A literal translation of namas te is thus "reverential salutation to you".

It is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with the hands pressed together, palms touching, in front of the chest.

In a religious context this word can be taken to mean any of these:

-The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you
-I salute the divine in you
-I salute the Light of God in you.
-I bring together my body and soul, focusing my divine potential, and bow to the same potential within you.
-In other words, it recognizes the equality of all, and pays honor to the sacredness of all.


Beautiful

No comments: