Monday, January 23, 2006

Must listen of the week --The Strokes




Dear Husband bought me the new Strokes album First Impressions of the Earth, fantastic. It always seems to take a couple of listens for me to get the new anything. I do love it though. Casablana's vocals have improved, which upon first listen I wasn't sure if I liked. It sounded a bit "over-produced". I miss him singing like he means it at times. I have decided that the album is probably not over-produced, probably some sort of natural evolution, and the longer I listen to him I do love his voice. I am reminded of Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, garage guitar, and even 70's Bowie. Lyrically I love it.

Not as good as Is This It....But worth a listen.



I particularly fell in love with tracks 1, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, and 14.

No comments: