Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's not the heat, it's the humidity....whatever




Lavender Crape Myrtle, in my front flower bed.



I am one of those people that cannot WAIT for Summer. It must be all of those years living on the Great Plains through 30 below Winters, living in wool, longjohns,and flannel. Brrrrr. I grew up fantisizing about Summer. Well now that I have lived down South for almost 5 years, I am learning to dread Summer. The humidity is going to kill me. I do not believe we have had a day below 90 degrees for 4-5 weeks. The humididty....whew, unbearable. It does not cool down at night, it is still "muggy". When it rains, the roads and roofs have steam rising off of them. I do not believe I had ever seen a road or roof steam before moving down here.

I will try and remain focused on the positives Summer brings, so I can tolerate a couple more months of this.

My garden looks great, everything is thriving.

Produce....bread and butter sweet corn, ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, strawberries, cantelopes, peaches, and watermelons..........yummmmmy.

It is nice to let the children play in the pool, (When Pink Ninja is sans cast, which has been rare this summer)

air conditioning.....ahhhhhh.........it has been on since April.

iced tea, with mostly ice

katy-dids

lightning bugs

flower beds

ice cream

thunderstorms

ok-ok I think I can make it a couple more months.

No comments: