Sunday, March 08, 2009

Be careful when you sleep

I woke this morning, groggier than usual because of the whole move the clock ahead scenario....

My daughter appeared before me with a barrette, and a brush telling me to "put a barrette right here". This seemed like an unusual place. Who wants a barrette right in their bangs?

So upon further investigation, I note, she has given herself her second haircut...

AWTM: Did you cut your hair?"

PN: "Nooooooo."

AWTM: "Well who did?"

PN: "I don't know."

Oyyeee...

So I went to look for the offending scissors, and the missing chunk of blond hair and did not find it...

AWTM: "Hey, I just saw a small fairy with a teeny blond wig, any idea where she got the hair?"

PN: "Noooooo"

This might be an indicator of my week, I hope not.
'
I feel as though I cannot lecture her too hard about this issue, as I gave every living child a haircut on the block when I was her age, I also gave ALMOST every doll I had a haircut at some point.

6 comments:

joyce said...

Tell the story about giving everyone on your block a haircut. Please.

My boys waited until first grade, bored in class to cut their bangs-- in an upward motion... But, with boys, burr haircuts are easy.

I cut my own bangs all the time---helps that haircut last another month.

Anonymous said...

This is why all scissors are in the Knife Cabinet above my stove.

Guard Wife said...

Oy vey.

I, too, would like to hear the Barber on the Block story. :)

Stacy said...

I too cut my own hair for years and years. Even wore many of hats to cover up my horrible mistakes at times, but still continued to keep right on cutting. I think my parents quit punishing me cause the figured I was gonna do it regardless.

Anonymous said...

It's called Karmic retribution! Bwahahahahaha! All those mothers of the kids on your block, can feel it in their hearts that there is retribution coming. They are grinning. Heh!

Caroline said...

I cut my own bangs all the way down to the scalp when I was in kindergarden because I didn't like them touching my eyebrows.