Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The internal red flashing light....

When i got the Collective ready for school this a.m. something was not right.

Since I was home with PN, yesterday, we took a nap. Actually I laid down with her in my bed to get her to sleep. I went ahead and set the alarm, just in case, because we did have to pick up SR from school. So, I flipped to the food network, which I thought would work to put PN to sleep. I am not a napper, it takes me forever to fall asleep, and then I end up getting 20 minutes which makes me feel worse than I would without a nap, so I do not nap. When the alarm went off I noted I was napping alone, and when I went to turn off the alarm, I walked over to it, and managed to have so much static electricity that now my alarm clock is not showing numbers on it.

So I had DH wake me this morning, after he woke to his alarm. DH is on the cusp of bronchitis as well I suspect...

I woke, the Collective woke, we did the usual routine. It was "F" day at school, so I managed to remind PN to put her frog book in her bag, and she dressed herself in her football cheerleader outfit. She was excited to go.

SR, was sort of a grump, but he is grumpy about 2 mornings a week.

PN, did not complain this morning, but looked not quite right, so on the way to her school, I put a call in to her Dr. asking if I could get her in.

I got to work, still felling uneasy...

About 1 1/2 hours later I got a phone call from PN's daycare. I guess she was crying and complaining of a tummy ache. So I excused myself, and headed to retrieve her and call the Dr....

When I got her, I noted she could not sit, it hurt her tummy to bend at all, and she was an incredible amount of pain.

So we headed to the Dr....
3 hours later, a urine sample, abdominal x-rays, blood, and strept tests later.....well they are still unsure. They are running a CMP, to make sure her liver is ok at this time, as she has clay colored stools....otherwise they are guessing this is some treacherous gastrointestinal virus, that lasts 5-10 days...

PN was a champ, and did not even flinch for her blood draw...

3 comments:

kd said...

Ugh, poor baby. Hope she feels better soon--sounds awful!

Marc Miyake said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

If PN does have the 5-10 day virus ... what will you do?

I'm amazed at how stoic PN is. I would have shrieked at her age if my blood were drawn.

Needless to say, watch out for your husband and son ... and yourself!

Ellen said...

Oh, nooo. I'm so sorry, I hope that this ends QUICKLY. And that no one else gets it, for heaven's sake.