Sunday, October 08, 2006

Picnic

I was allowed the luxury of sleeping in this morning. Dash woke at his "farmer time". 5:30am. It is after all harvest time. I wish I had a goat or chickens for him to care for.

So I woke to pancakes being made in the kitchen by DH, and freshly brewed coffee. Nice. Cool out. I was able to leave the air off, and the window open in the bedroom, brisk upon waking. Nice.

So after everyone, ate dressed, rummaged through the Sunday paper, I packed a picnic, and we headed to the park by the marina.

A beautiful morning, and quiet since it is Sunday and we are in the Bible Belt. Quiet, for a while anyway.

DH took a book, and I took my sewing. I took tonka trucks and buckets for "The Collective".....

Quiet.


At about 2pm, the park was filled to the brim, with family reunions, and church picnics, we got phased out.

Pink Ninja fell asleep on the way home, and DH was able to transfer her in the house without waking her, a rarity.

Dash and I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Actually, Dash made them, he even cracked his first egg, used the mixer, measured the oil, formed the balls, made the criss crosses. I even let him put the cookie sheet into the preheated oven!! I think he may have a career ahead of him. After all he loves Paula Deen. Who knows. He likes directions, and rules, and following recipes.

The cookies are delish, and now I am busy with Sunday dinner

cornbread from scratch (left over from last night)
mashed taters
corn
gravy
fried chicken
tossed salad

cookies and ice cream for dessert!!

The chicken is delicious!! Go ahead and try it the recipe is HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and yummy day! :)